James F. Kidd
111 North Orange Avenue
Orlando Florida 32801
- Employment & Labor Law
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
James Kidd is the founder of Moran Kidd's workers’ compensation department, which he jointly manages along with Clinton C. Lyons, Jr. Before joining Moran Kidd in 1996, James served as staff attorney for CNA Insurance Company in its Orlando office defending workers’ compensation claims in Central and Northern Florida.
James focuses his practice on representing employers, self-insured funds, carriers and third party administrators. He appears before the Judges of Compensation Claims throughout Florida to defend claims involving issues of compensability of accidents, occupational disease and exposures, controversies/contribution between carriers, permanent total disability benefits, temporary indemnity benefits, and various medical care issues, including surgeries, attendant care, payment of outstanding bills and the authorization of providers. James also handles workers’ compensation appeals, and subrogation and lien recovery claims.
In addition to his litigation practice, James provides preventative counseling to his clients concerning potential retaliatory discharge claims and other employment related charges. Further, he also assists employers in the drafting and implementation of drug free workplace policies and return to work programs. James has served as a seminar speaker for The Counsel On Management, Florida Workers’ Compensation Institute, Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association, and the Hotel and Human Resource Association.
James is a certified civil circuit mediator. He serves as a mediator in workers’ compensation, tort and employment claims. He holds the Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rating, which is the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability.
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D., 1992
- Florida State University, College of Social Sciences, B.S., magna cum laude, 1989
- Florida, 1992
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator, 2004
- The Florida Bar, Workers’ Compensation Insurance Defense and Employment and Labor Sections
- The Florida Bar, Dispute Resolution Section
- Florida Citrus Sports
- Maitland Little League
- Maitland Youth Soccer
- Not So Fast! A Closer Look at §440.105(4)(b)9 Reveals Unauthorized Workers Should Be Precluded from Workers' Compensation Benefits, Under These Circumstances, FLA. BAR J., Volume 81, No. 9 (Oct. 2007) (co-authored by Richard V. Blystone, Esq.)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 1%
- 2009 Maitland Little League Stewart Colling Presidents Choice Coaches Award
- 2008 Fresenius Medical Care Annual Attorney Recognition Award
- Counsel In Education in Management
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Institute, Inc. at Florida Workers’
- Compensation Conventions
- Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association
- Florida Liability Claims Convention
- James is also certified as an instructor with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation to provide continuing education courses for adjusters. For information on course topics, please contact James Kidd.