Scott E. Johnson
111 North Orange Avenue
Orlando Florida 32801
- Corporate and Business Law
- Hospitality Law
- Commercial Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Scott E. Johnson heads up the firm’s hospitality law department. As a lawyer with over 30 years of diverse legal experience, much of it as in-house counsel, Scott provides Moran Kidd's hospitality and corporate clients with a unique business law perspective.
Scott concentrates his practice in the areas of hospitality law (hotels, restaurants, theme parks and related service companies), contracts and transactional matters, leasing, corporate and business law, employment law and trademarks.
Prior to joining Moran Kidd, Scott was the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Planet Hollywood International, Inc. and its more than 20 subsidiary and affiliated restaurant entities. In that position, Scott was not only responsible for the company’s legal department and worldwide legal affairs, but he was also in charge of the company’s human resources department. Previously, Scott also served as the Associate General Counsel for Bally’s Park Place Casino Hotel.
- Delaware Law School of Widener University, J.D., 1980
- Rowan University, formerly Glassboro State College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania, 1980
- New Jersey, 1987
- Florida, 1991
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association
- Florida Restaurant Association
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys
- Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Scott is an adjunct professor at the University of Central Florida’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management, where he teaches Hospitality Law.
- Lieutenant, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, USNR, 1979-1984